It’s the last day of 2014 and I’m a little sad to see this year go. It was a fantastic year that went by too quickly, and so many great things happened. Let’s take a look back to see what happened this year.
- I ran 22 races: eight 5ks, one 5miler, two 10ks, two 15ks, two 10 milers, six half marathons, and one marathon
- I traveled: Chicago, Vegas, Dallas, Detroit, Toronto, St. Louis, San Francisco, Napa, Corning
- I PR’d in the 5k, 15k, 10 miler, half marathon and marathon
- I started trail racing more consistently
- I hit my highest mileage month of 112 miles
- I became a member of the Oiselle Flock
- We got engaged!
- I ran my second marathon and PR’d by 21 minutes!
- We welcomed our nephew Vincent into the family
And here’s a look back at the goals I set for 2014.
Break 2:00 in the half marathon-Cleveland Half, 1:58!
- Break 24:30 in the 5k- Nope, but I did get a post college 5k PR!
- Raise $1,000 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation-Far from this goal, but I did raise $300
Volunteer for a race– Helped with Medina Half Marathon prep PR in all distances– Just about, PR in post college 5k, 15k, 10 miler, half marathon, and marathon! Run at least 6 half marathons– 6 on the dot! Run 600 miles– 872 miles!
- Try at least 15 new recipes- not even close
Plan a vacation for somewhere new-San Francisco and Napa! Achieve and maintain a healthy weight-done!
- Read at least 10 books – Just 3
Donate 1/4 of my clothes– Box is ready to be donated Try something completely out of my element– I finally started lifting
- Bike at least 20 miles a month- major fail
Get back into yoga– most of the year, ready to begin again on January 5th!
Own my own domain– done Blog at least 3 times a week– most of the year, yes Update the blog layout– yep! Use a blog calendar– yep, and it helped a ton!
Did you accomplish your goals in 2014? What was your favorite thing from 2014?