Finally, 2013 is coming to an end. It’s wasn’t a terrible year, but I never really got too excited about it. However, there were plenty of great things that happened in the past 365 days. Here’s a look at 2013.
- I ran 12 races: five half marathons, one 10k and six 5ks
- I traveled: Vegas, Toronto x2, Dallas (Work) & Austin, Colorado (Vacations)
- I ran the 3M Half Marathon and knocked Texas off my list
- I met Melissa and Paula
- I PR’d in the 5k
- I traded in my Mazda3 and upgraded to the VW Tiguan, hello AWD
- I ran my first trail race, the Yeti! Set Go 10k
- I joined a new running group, Medina Country Road Runners
- I was part of two weddings, Congrats again Elayna & Nicole!
- I gave my dad a surprise 60th birthday party
- We bought a house!
And of course 2013 had plenty of goals and plans that I set out to accomplish, so let’s take a look at how those turned out.
- Run a sub 2:00 half marathon –Stuck at 2:05
- Run 800 miles –Not even close, but at least I made it over half way at 435
PR in the 5k–PR’d on my home turf at the Sole to Soul 5k
- Run two half marathons in two new states – I knocked Texas off my list, so I’m 1/2 on this one
Volunteer at races–I joined the Medina Half Marathon committee, so that counts right?
- Travel –I traveled a lot for work: Vegas, Dallas, Toronto x2, but we also took some trips for fun: Colorado & Austin
- Learn German – I really need to learn German still
Learn to cook and eat healthier– I tried some new and healthy recipes this year, not many, but it’s a start
- Stress less – Oh, this was a silly goal, that definitely won’t happen
- Read more, at least 10 books – Four books, and definitely not enough, I’ll be trying this again.
- Cut out unnecessary purchases – I’d say I did this for most of the year, and then I got a new car, and a house, and some really cute clothes….
What did you do in 2013? What was your favorite memory? Did you accomplish all of your goals?
3 thoughts on “2013 in Review”
Those are all great goals! And just think that if you would’ve hit them all, then they would’ve been too easy, so it’s def ok to miss some! Can’t wait to see your 2014 goals 🙂
12 races is awesome! I started running in 2013~ and my goal was a 5k and the Cleveland Turkey Trot. Did them both, and now have to step up the goals for 2014! 🙂
Looks like you had a fulfilling year- even if you didn’t meet each goal~ Here’s to a great 2014!
That’s great, hopefully you can get into more races this year!