Finally, 2013 is coming to an end. It’s wasn’t a terrible year, but I never really got too excited about it. However, there were plenty of great things that happened in the past 365 days. Here’s a look at 2013.
- I ran 12 races: five half marathons, one 10k and six 5ks
- I traveled: Vegas, Toronto x2, Dallas (Work) & Austin, Colorado (Vacations)
- I ran the 3M Half Marathon and knocked Texas off my list
- I met Melissa and Paula
- I PR’d in the 5k
- I traded in my Mazda3 and upgraded to the VW Tiguan, hello AWD
- I ran my first trail race, the Yeti! Set Go 10k
- I joined a new running group, Medina Country Road Runners
- I was part of two weddings, Congrats again Elayna & Nicole!
- I gave my dad a surprise 60th birthday party
- We bought a house!
And of course 2013 had plenty of goals and plans that I set out to accomplish, so let’s take a look at how those turned out.
- Run a sub 2:00 half marathon –Stuck at 2:05
- Run 800 miles –Not even close, but at least I made it over half way at 435
PR in the 5k–PR’d on my home turf at the Sole to Soul 5k
- Run two half marathons in two new states – I knocked Texas off my list, so I’m 1/2 on this one
Volunteer at races–I joined the Medina Half Marathon committee, so that counts right?
- Travel –I traveled a lot for work: Vegas, Dallas, Toronto x2, but we also took some trips for fun: Colorado & Austin
- Learn German – I really need to learn German still
Learn to cook and eat healthier– I tried some new and healthy recipes this year, not many, but it’s a start
- Stress less – Oh, this was a silly goal, that definitely won’t happen
- Read more, at least 10 books – Four books, and definitely not enough, I’ll be trying this again.
- Cut out unnecessary purchases – I’d say I did this for most of the year, and then I got a new car, and a house, and some really cute clothes….
What did you do in 2013? What was your favorite memory? Did you accomplish all of your goals?