With less than a month left to go before the big day. I’ve really started to focus in on the fact that I am indeed going to run a marathon. It still seems surreal. Sometimes I can’t believe I’m running that far, and other times I feel like it’s just a half. Sometimes it hits me at the most inopportune moments, like when I’m driving. Most times it ends up in a small panic attack, I feel sick to my stomach and wonder what I got myself into. Luckily, I’ve been able to block everything out, all thoughts, stresses, concerns are out the door while running. It’s the time in between runs that gets me thinking….
- What’s the weather going to be like on race day?
- What should I wear? Should I get a new outfit? Yes!
- Should I get a massage the day after the race or wait until that weekend?
- Am I going to be hungry during the race? Should I bring Clif bars with me?
- What if my iPod doesn’t work?
- What if my Garmin stops?
- How many friends can I get to join me in this race?
- What happens if it starts to storm?
- Am I really running 26.2 miles?
- How many hills will I have to suffer through?
- Why do I enjoy the long runs better than the short runs now?
- What kind of time should I try for? Can I do it in under 5:00? Under 4:30?
- What if I enjoy it too much? What if I become addicted?
- How many times will I need to refill my hand held?
- What flavor Sport beans should I bring?
- What should I get myself for a finishers gift?
- Should I take a picture while running through The Shoe?
- How did I become crazy enough to run a marathon?
What do you thinking about while running? Do you block out all thoughts when running?