It’s hard to believe that the last few months of 2012 are approaching, this year has gone by so quick! It also means it’s getting closer to the time to pick races for 2013! How exciting 🙂 I certainly have a few that I’m determined to do, but I also have some blank spots that need to be filled. I’m no where near having a finalized list of races. I’m still in the browsing stage, seeing what will be available. Here’s a list of things I’m looking for in 2013 races….
- Local 5k’s…Living in a new area, I’m hoping I can find some races close to home (15 minutes or less drive time). I find that running is always a great way to explore a new area.
- Mid-distance races….2013 will be all about breaking 2:00 in the half. If I want to do this, I’ll need to work on my speed in longer distances. I want to find some 10k-10 milers that I can work hard at.
- Half marathons….What better way to break 2:00 than practice 13.1 miles over and over and over. It’s no secret that the half is my favorite race, I’d love to find more to dive into.
- The 25 Challenge….This past year didn’t go as planned for travel races, but in 2013 I want to be able to knock some off the list. I’ve already got one planned with a great group of girls!
- Marathon…..I want to give training another shot, I feel like I owe it to myself. I may learn I love the distance, or absolutely hate it. But there’s only one way to find out.
- Favorites….I want to make sure I take advantage of running some of my favorite races. I always feel I have a better experience with these.
- Top Picks…I’m hoping to throw in some races that are top picks by the community. Whether it’s Cleveland or Ohio in general, I want to make sure I’m at the starting line.
- Challenges….I’m always checking for flat “easy” races. In 2013 I want to try to break that habit, maybe find a race with a hill or two (can’t get too carried away)
So here’s where I need some additional help….
What races do you suggest I put on the drawing board for 2013?
What races are you scoping for next year?