Scared? Not really.
Sunday is the Columbus Half Marathon. After a couple of weekends off from races, I’m nervous all over again. But these are the excited nerves. There is so much to look forward to on Sunday….
- This is my 4th half marathon this year. Remember how scared I was for my first one?
- After Sunday I will be a half fanatic!
- Sunday will be the first half marathon for a fellow Muskie and an old friend from high school.
- Traveling down 71 allows me to meet up with some other friends who now call C-bus “home”
- It’s Expo time, and I love Expo time!
- The most exciting thing…it’s Kimi’s first marathon!! Her journey to Columbus has been amazing and she’s going to rock on Sunday!
As for me this weekend, I’m excited to see what Columbus has to offer. I’m hoping to get a time of around 2:15, maybe even 2:10. My body feels much better after taking a week and a half off after Akron. And no knee plains, which means I can run a stronger race than I have been. At this point, it’s all about enjoying the race and being proud to say that I can run 13.1 miles.