A few weeks ago we headed to Indian Lake for a small weekend getaway. My grandma owns a house, so it’s a nice way to get together to see family and spend some time away from the city. If you’ve never been there, it’s a great place to go. It has a community feel and everything you need is close by. Growing up within minutes of Lake Erie, this was always a nice treat to have a small change of scenery. Not to mention, I spent many summers fishing on the banks of the lake with my grandparents.
I highly recommend taking the drive to the other side of the state just for Indian Lake. And this is why:
- It’s in the middle of no where, which at times is absolutely great
- Fishing, boating and swimming are things you can spend all weekend doing
- Cranberry’s Resort, great food, great drinks, and usually some live entertainment.
- Froggy’s is a restaurant/bar on the opposite side of the lake. Better yet, it has a pool with a swim up bar.
- Both sides of my family grew up near the lake, these are my roots